For a number of quarantine insects there is a need for specific traps or fast detection methods to support import inspections
For above mentioned insects the following 2 strategies will be followed:
Bemisia tabaci and Thrips palmi: improvement and if necessary adaption of colored traps to:
- Increase efficiency
- Make it easier to remove insects from traps for molecular identification
Duponchelia fovealis en Opogona sacchari
The development of efficiënt species specific pheromones traps for the detection of adult moths.
For a number of quarantine insects there is a need for specific traps or fast detection methods to support import inspections:
- Bemisia tabaci (vector of q-virusses)
- Thrips palmi
- Duponchelia fovealis (no q-organism in EU, but in export countries)
- Opogona sacchari
These methods are necessary to determine if the insect is present and, if so, to determine the effect of possibly elimination scenarios.
- Efficient traps for Bemisia tabaci and Thrips palmi including a protocol to remove insects from the traps and prepare them for molecular identification.
- Identification of the pheromone of Opogona sacchari
- Effective species specific pheromonetraps for adult moth of Duponchelia fovealis and Opogona sacchari