PhD research by Wouter Smolenaars
- Quantitative insight into the combined effect of climatic- and socio-economic change on food security in the Indus basin is lacking;
- The potential of upscaling climate-smart innovations to jointly achieve food- and water security is currently unclear;
- The impact of large scale adaptation of agriculture in the Indus basin on water-food-energy nexus is not well understood.
- Basin-scale, stake-holder supported insight into future water- and food security;
- Adaptation pathways that balance the pursuit of water- and food security on the basin-scale;
- An integrated assessment of the trade-offs and synergies of adaptation measures from a nexus-perspective.