ENTHALPY focuses on the dairy powder production process and aims to reduce consumption of energy by 60% and water by 15%. This reduction will be achieved through the combination of improving existing and creating new, innovative technologies.
The ENTHALPY project will examine four key areas along the production chain to achieve overall savings of water and energy through:
- more efficient pre-treatment of milk
- elimination of fine particles during spray drying
- recovery of heat and water present in the used drying air and
- more effective cleaning processes.
- Helaas, uw cookie-instellingen zijn zodanig dat de Video niet getoond kan worden - pas uw permissie voor cookies aan
The consortium, led by Netherlands Organization for Applied Scientific Research (TNO), consists of 2 RTOs, 5 universities and 11 industry and SME partners from eight EU Member States. An external industrial advisory board comprises some of world’s leading dairy processing companies.
RTDS is leading the Dissemination & Exploitation work package.