This project will utilise technologies of the Future Internet PPP programme to enable the development and operation of intelligent systems for supply chains of perishable products such as food and flowers.
The project includes an ecosystem that brings together: i) business needs of user communities and ii) creative ideas & technological opportunities of software SMEs and web-entrepreneurs. The corner stones of this ecosystem are regional clusters that include close synergies with regional developments and policies that are embedded in European networks. FInish will use the FIspace platform as a basis and aims to drastically enlarge the number of services/applications available in the FIspace store by involving through open calls SMEs and web-entrepreneurs as developers. As such, the FInish project will enable seamless B2B collaboration and it will empower companies including SMEs and new players to set up and participate in new regional, horizontal and vertical collaboration quickly and at minimal costs. By doing this, FInish wants to give an impulse to the shift from cost-driven to value-based, information-rich supply chains, which will significantly increase the added value, competiveness and sustainability of the domain. More specifically, FInish aims to:
- Empower small & innovative ICT players to develop high-quality and high-impact solutions for food and flower supply chain networks based on technologies of the FI-PPP programme;
- Develop a large set of innovative and technologically challenging services and applications for virtualisation, connectivity and intelligence of food and flower supply chain networks;
- Implement and validate the technologies and concepts developed in the FI-PPP;
- Support SMEs in creating high-impact apps with Future Internet applications and helping to market their apps cross-border in specialised EU markets and beyond;
- Ensure business value of services/applications for collaborative business networks in food & flower industry.
Accelerating Internet-based Innovation in Agriculture and Food : Opportunities of the Future Internet Accelerator Programme
Defining and Analyzing Traceability Systems in Food Supply ChainsIn: Advances in Food Traceability Techniques and Technologies / , Espiñeira, M., Santaclara, F.J.. - : Elsevier (Woodhead Publishing Series in Food Science, Technology and Nutrition ) - ISBN 9780081003107 - p. 9 - 33.
Dynamic Business Collaboration in Supply Chains with Future Internet technologies : Acceleration of SME-driven App Development
Enabling Agile Business Networks for Food and Flowers : A Software Mass Customisation Approach
ICT in agri-food ketens
Jaarevent ICT-Community 2014 : Digitalisering van de voedselketen