The project aims to train North Korean scientists in integrated pest and disease management of potato.
Objectives of the project
- Training of Korean scientists on IPM of potato.
- Expanding the cooperation program to aphid and beetle pests of potato.
- Initiating pyrethrum cultivation in North Korea (DPRK) to generate biological pesticides for insect control.
- Initiating the organization of a symposium on IPM in DPRK jointly with other stakeholders.
- Initiating a new EuropeAid IPM-2 program focusing on insects and viruses.
- IPM symposium in DPRK (July 2012)
- IPM-2 (EuropeAid) project initiated and candidates selected in Pyongyang (October 2012)
- Participation in the first trade mission to DPRK in October 2012