Ga direct naar onderdeel:
Conceptual basis and spatial modelling to account for and conserve multiple ecosystem services in Telemark County, Norway
- The ecosystem service concept is contested because friction between disciplinary boundaries causes heat.(this thesis)
- Incorporating ecosystem services into conservation changes spatial priorities for protecting biodiversity.(this thesis)
- Vague scientific concepts spur both creativity and confusion.
- Sophisticated environmental models require many assumptions to inform decision-making.
- As suggested by Daly (1992, Ecol. Econ. 6, 185-193.), society should first stay
within planetary boundaries and distribute incomes fairly, then value nature monetarily.
- Obsession with academic performance indicators hinders the societal impact of environmental sciences.
- A run through a forest explains more about the relationship between humans and nature than a model run.