FUSIONS, the European initiative to optimise food use through optimisation of waste prevention strategies organises its 1st Event in a series of three European multi-stakeholder Platform meetings. FUSIONS aims to contribute to achieving a resource efficient Europe by significantly reducing food waste through social innovation.
Optimising food use through social innovation
The FUSIONS Platform enables, encourages, engages and supports key actors across Europe in delivering a 50% reduction in food waste and a 20% reduction in food chains resource inputs by 2020. Its Members are invited to actively contribute to the development of policy and behavioural change recommendations.
There are four elements that contribute to a successful approach to prevent food wastage in the food supply chain, which will be the leading topics during the event:
- Transparency: clearance on the definition and quantification of food waste, a common measurement methodology that is harmonised throughout the food supply chain and across (geographical) borders. To measure is to know where to induce successful preventative measures and cooperative strategies.
- Policy: the regulatory and policy context throughout Europe has considerable influence on the food wastage prevention options. Effective and efficient recommendations for removing legislative barriers and formulating stimulating policies to prevent and reduce food wastages need to be developed on a national and European scale.
- Innovation: taking action, implementing new ideas on pilot scale and go for the scale up of successful practices throughout Europe. FUSIONS will actively seek out 4 piloting projects in cooperation with its Members to successfully demonstrate innovative ideas to reduce food waste in the food supply chain.
- Sharing Knowledge: learn from each other and you will not need to reinvent the wheel. Get acquainted with inspiring examples and information that will encourage you to follow in their footsteps.
(click to enlarge)
Consultation working sessions will include
Introduced and moderated by various Project Partners and Members of FUSIONS.
In the registration form you can indicate your preference to participate to the consultation working sessions.
Why come to this meeting?
The FUSIONS European Platform meeting serves as a Member & Stakeholder consultation meeting to share knowledge and experiences on these four elements, from different perspectives throughout the supply chain.
FUSIONS wants to hear from you your ideas and recommendations how transparency, policy, innovation and sharing of knowledge should be organised throughout the food chain and be put into EU/national Policy. Meet up with other participants and find ways to collaborate in your efforts to reduce food waste yourself. Be inspired, get involved. Of course, we offer a good selection of high profile key note speakers and interactive working sessions during this 2-day event.
Key words: cooperation, communication, action
Target groups: organisations actively involved in the prevention of food wastage in the food chain, from farmer to consumer, from business to NGOs and governmental institutions, national agencies and trade associations.
Become a Member
Being a Member is not compulsory to join us at the European Platform meeting, although we hope to welcome you as a Member. Becoming a Member is easy, just send an email to FUSION@wur.nl and we’ll get in touch with you with the necessary information. Membership is free of charge and its activities include:
- Participating actively in FUSIONS Platform activities, to improve cooperation to reduce food waste in the food supply chain
- Contribute to knowledge and experience sharing within the Platform
- Giving the FUSIONS project visibility in your networks and contributing actively in dissemination activities
- Identifying and support pilot projects for food use optimisation through waste prevention strategies
There are annual Regional and European meetings, in which you can participate. You will receive quarterly newsletter on FUSIONS and other food wastage initiatives, gain access to the Members Only section on our website www.eu-fusions.org and be consulted on the four elements in between the meetings.
Interested to play a bigger part during the event?
You can indicate your interest to present your organisations’ efforts on resource efficiency, social innovation and waste prevention strategies. We have a limited amount of floor space available for exhibition purposes (displays, posters, flyers etc.). Get in touch with Hilke Bos-Brouwers (email: FUSIONS@wur.nl) for options and rates. Also, if you are interested in a short oral presentation during the event, let us know.
Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport Hotel
Park Plaza is conveniently located near Amsterdam Schiphol Airport. A free bus shuttle service from Schiphol (includes Schiphol train station) is available and will take you 10 minutes. Free parking available. All meeting rooms in Park Plaza have free WIFI available.
Rooms can be reserved at a special rate
- € 129,- Superior Room (€ 144 for double occupancy)
- € 164,- Executive Room (€ 179,- for double occupancy)
Package includes accommodation, breakfast, free WIFI, complimentary use of hotel facilities including Fitness Centre, sauna and steam rooms, excluding city tax (6%)
Reservations can be made via the Park Plaza website: http://www.parkplaza.com/fusions
There is a block reservation for Meeting participants at the Park Plaza Hotel until 16th of September. Reservations after September 16th will be made on a first-come-first-served basis.
Upon arrival credit card authorisation will be requested from the guests as a guarantee for the hotel room (if applicable) and possible extras.
Address:Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport
1175 RM Lijnden
Tel. +31 20 655 1007
Fax: +31 20 658 0585
The Event is free of charge. This includes meeting package, facilities, lunches and coffee breaks on 17 and 18 October
Dinner on 17th of October (at € 60 per person) as well as travel & accommodation expenses need to be covered by the Meeting participants themselves, and can be settled at the Hotel’s reception desk.
A small reimbursement is possible for small, not-for-profit organisations. If you want to apply for this, please contact Hilke Bos-Brouwers at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please download the registration from below and return it to us at email@example.com
Deadline meeting registration: 10 October 2013.
Directions to Park Plaza
Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport is located in Lijnden, a suburb of Amsterdam Airport Schiphol and close to Amsterdam. From Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport it is easy to go to Amsterdam by public transportation and to the airport. The nearest public transportation is tram station Matterhorn in Amsterdam-Osdorp, which is 15 minutes walking from the hotel. This tram will take you to Amsterdam Central Station with plenty of stops to visit other places in Amsterdam. The closest train station is at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol.
Shuttle bus from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
The best way to get to the hotel is by the hotel shuttle bus (about 10-minute ride). The shuttle bus is free of charge and leaves from the Arrivals at the airport. If you arrive by plane or train walk outside at the Arrivals.
- Turn to your right and walk to the far most right shuttle bus stop
- This bus stop is called A9 – 13.
- Walk to the sign which says Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport and wait for the hotel bus to pick you up.
The busses arrive at the Airport every day between 05.30h and 23.00h at every whole (.00) and half hour (.30).
Shuttle bus from the Hotel to Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
The busses arrive at the Airport every day between 05.30h and 23.00h at every quarter (.15) and (.45).
For the shuttle bus to the Airport, you will need to make a reservation at the hotel reception.
For the exact time table, please see the attached folder.
For directions to the hotel, you can consult: http://www.parkplaza.nl/park-plaza-amsterdam-airport/directions