Do you want to learn French for a holiday or for your study or work? Did you take French in school, but it has become a little rusty? French 1 will quickly help you get back on track! The course focuses on practical skills and introduces you to French culture. After completing French 1, you can continue on to French 2, 3, and 4.
Classes take place on the Wageningen University & Research Campus, in the Forum building.
French 1 is for anyone who has little to no knowledge of French and wants to quickly acquire a solid foundation in the language.
- French 1: A1 (CEFR)
After this course, you will be able to:
- understand simple words, phrases and sentences;
- ask and answer short, simple questions;
- follow a simple conversation;
- write short, simple sentences about personal matters.
The emphasis is on speaking skills. Reading, listening, and writing skills will also be addressed. You will also learn more about French culture. After this course, you can take the course French 2 (halfway to A2)
This course meets once a week for 8 weeks. Each class is 1 hour and 45 minutes. You should expect to spend 2 to 3 hours on homework each week.
Dates and times
The course French 1 is offered annually in October, February, and May. The next course starts in February 2019.
|Start date||End date||Day||Time|
|18 Februay||15 April||Monday||19.30 - 21.15 hrs|
Alter Ego+ A1 (Livre de textes). ISBN: 9782011558107
Alter Ego+ A1 (Cahier d'activités). ISBN: 9782011558114
These books are available at the WUR shop in the Forum building on the Wageningen University & Research campus.
Certification and exam
To receive a Wageningen in'to Languages certificate, a minimum attendance of 80% is required. A diagnostic test is optional. This costs €25.
|BSc/Msc WUR students*||€ 60|
|WUR Employees||€ 250|
|Standard fee||€ 275|
* This €60 fee applies only to students with a signed authorisation form. Students pay €60 if they need this language course for an internship/thesis abroad. The internship/thesis must be part of their prescribed study programme/approved set of MSc examination subjects. The form must be signed by the thesis or internship supervisor.
Prior to registration
If you have no prior knowledge of the French language you are welcome to register directly for the course. If you are unsure about your level, we would like to do a course level assessment. An intake interview (optionally by telephone) will also take place. Please contact our Service Centre (firstname.lastname@example.org / 0317-482552) to schedule an appointment.