Do you want to learn French for a holiday or for your study or work? Did you take French in school, but it has become a little rusty? French 2 will quickly help you get back on track! The course focuses on practical skills and introduces you to French culture. After completing French 2, you can continue on to French 3 and 4.
Classes take place on the Wageningen University & Research Campus, in the Forum building.
French 2 is for anyone who has taken 3 to 4 years of French at middle school and who wishes to refresh their French language skills, or anyone who has completed the course French 1.
French 2: halfway to A2 (CEFR)
After this course, you will be able to:
- hold short, simple conversations about personal topics;
- understand the key information in everyday conversations about familiar topics;
- understand the key information in short, simple texts (brochures, advertisements);
- write short, simple messages or emails.
The emphasis is on speaking skills. Reading, listening, and writing skills will also be addressed. You will also learn more about French culture. After completing this course, you can take the course French 3 (A2)
This course meets once a week for 8 weeks. Each class is 1 hour and 45 minutes. You should expect to spend 2 to 3 hours on homework each week.
Dates and times
The course French 2 is offered annually in October, February, and May.
|Group||Start date||End date||Day||Time|
|French 2||1 October||3 December||Monday||19.30-21-15 hrs|
To be announced.
Certification and exam
To receive a Wageningen in'to Languages certificate, a minimum attendance of 80% is required. A diagnostic test is optional. This costs €25.
|BSc/Msc WUR students*||€ 60|
|WUR Employees||€ 250|
|Standard fee||€ 275|
* This €60 fee applies only to students with a signed authorisation form. Students pay €60 if they need this language course for an internship/ thesis abroad. The internship/thesis must be part of their prescribed study programme/approved set of MSc examination subjects. The form must be signed by the thesis or internship supervisor.
Prior to registration
To ensure that new course participants are placed into the appropriate course, they are required to take a free course level assessment. An intake interview (optionally by telephone) will also take place. You cannot register for a course until you have taken this course level assessment. Please contact our Service Centre (email@example.com / 0317-482552) to schedule an appointment.