Firstly your home university needs to nominate you by sending an e-mail to one of the exchange coordinator of Wageningen University.
Before you apply it is necessary to prepare yourself carefully using the information below.
To make a planning you should use the Study Handbook and the Scheduling of courses. Discuss with your own tutor or study advisor in your home university which course units would be relevant and recognized as a contribution to your own degree programme.
You may contact the exchange coordinator of Wageningen University of your proposed field of study to discuss your selection of courses. Please, contact only one of them. Let your choice depend on your main subject of study.
This coordinator will be your contact in Wageningen. If he or she thinks it better to forward your application to one of the other coordinators, this will be done automatically and – of course - you will be informed.
If you are nominated on time: you will receive an invitation to use our online application method
If after the deadline, signed and scanned application documents must be sent to email@example.com
If you want to make any changes: sent the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hard copies will not be accepted
- Application form This digital form should be completed, signed, scanned and e-mailed. Important: Wageningen University only accepts forms that are filled in completely and that are signed and stamped by your university.
- Learning agreement To be able to register you as an Exchange student at Wageningen University (WU) there must be a signed ‘Learning Agreement’. This agreement must be signed by you (the student) and by your home university coordinator. Your home institution should put an official stamp on it and send the scanned document. The WU coordinator also signs and stamps the Learning Agreement and will e-mail it to your home university.
- Transcript of records Also include a scan of the official signed and duly stamped Transcript of Records (both BSc and, if applicable, MSc) with your application documents. Please write the courses in progress or planned courses, that aren't mentioned on your transcript, on the application document. A student who wants to take BSc subjects should have completed 120 ECTS credits before his start in Wageningen. A student who wants to take MSc subjects should have completed at least 150 ECTS credits before he is allowed to start in Wageningen. An explanation of ECTS credits can be found here.
- Proof of English proficiency The student should fulfil the language requirements as laid down by the Wageningen University Board as can be found on the application form (TOEFL 550 minimum). Please add a scan of the language certificate if English isn’t your mother tongue.
Mind the deadlines for application.
After we receive your application a conformation will be sent.
The beginning of June (for period 1 and 2) or November (for the remaining periods) an acceptance letter with further instructions will be sent.
The number of available rooms through student housing is very limited, most exchange students find housing through the private market. You will be informed about housing after you have been admitted as an exchange student.
After the period of study
Transcript of Records
Please email email@example.com to request your transcript 2 to 3 weeks after your last exams. You should mention your:
- Full name
- WUR registration number
- (email)address the transcript should be sent to
- Courses that you have passed at WUR
Your designated exchange coordinator in Wageningen will send you registration forms once you have been accepted and admitted as an exchange student.
It is necessary to be enrolled so you can apply for courses and exams and get access to the digital WU environment.