Learn how to become a landscape leader! Get the skills to mobilise resources, manage and resolve conflict and facilitate and motivate stakeholders to achieve SDG-focused sustainable change.
Content of the course
Achieving sustainable and productive landscapes and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) calls for bold and innovative leadership. Governments, the global private sector, universities and international NGOs are seeking landscape leaders to stimulate and facilitate change.
If you’re reading this page, there’s a strong chance that you see challenges in the society and region around you. There’s also a strong chance that you have the energy and ability to impact change for the better. This course is your key to unlocking the knowledge and skills you need to kick-off and lead the changes you want to see in your landscape and work.
You will learn what true leadership in a landscape really is. You will learn from real-life leaders how they designed and facilitated change to better their landscape. You will be taken through challenging global cases and build your skills to lead change in landscapes. You will interact with other emerging landscape leaders who want to share and learn how change at the landscape level can be achieved. After this course, you will be ready to look at your landscape and know how to lead the way forward.
After signing up for this course, you will straight away be brought to the landscape. You’ll see leaders in action and be quizzed on what you would do in their situation. Through highly interactive activities, you’ll learn about stakeholder dynamics and how those dynamics and competing claims often lead to conflict. But, you’ll learn how to facilitate and inspire stakeholders and develop a repertoire of tools and methods to manage and resolve conflict toward sustainable change.
Sustainable and Inclusive Landscapes Professional Certificate Programme
Developing your leadership skills and knowledge is the first step. The Landscape Academy Programme contains much more to prepare and guide you on your mission to strengthen your landscapes. The Sustainable and Inclusive Landscapes Professional Certificate Programme lets you harness the power of place and advance your career as a landscape leader. The programme consists of the following courses:
- Landscape Leadership: Catalyse sustainable development in landscapes
- Landscape Finance: Investing in Innovation for Sustainable
- Landscapes Landscape governance: Collaborating Across Sectors and Scales
What you will learn
- Define and understand landscape leadership and its purpose
- Recognize priorities for landscape leaders
- Identify other landscape leaders and learn how they influence systems
- Learn about stakeholder dynamics and how these affect landscape systems
- Develop recommendations for interventions to achieve a levelled playing field
- Reflect on the role individuals or stakeholder groups can play
- Gain experience into different facilitation methods
- Learn about different negotiation methods and negotiation tools
Other interesting MOOCs
Interested in Landscaping? You might also like the MOOC Landscape Finance: Investing in Innovation for Sustainable Landscapes and the MOOC Landscape Governance: Collaborating Across Sectors and Scales. The complete Sustainable and Inclusive Landscapes Professional Certificate Programme lets you harness the power of place and advance your career as a landscape leader.