From 21 to 23 June 2022 Wageningen University & Research will participate in the Plant-Based Foods & Proteins Summit Europe ‘Optimizing value chains’. Eight WUR experts will present the most recent results of their research on protein transition, WUR's investment theme since 2019.
Why this summit?
The demand for plant-based foods is increasing fast. There are many opportunities for retailers, food-service operators and brands to develop better and inspiring foods for consumers. More and more people are also seeking healthy and sustainable diets. This summit is a chance todevelop and execute business & innovation strategies:
- What is the opportunity for new plant-based foods from a consumer, retail, nutrition and food processing point of view?
- What are the future directions for new plant-protein ingredients from a user, supply, food, processing, sustainability and value-chain perspective?
The program consists of 4 tracks:
- I: Consumer & Industry Challenges
- II: Delicious Food Innovations
- III: Sustainable Process Innovations
- IV: Value Chain & Research Investments
WUR experts will present the latest results from their protein research, ranging from methods for modeling future protein supplies in Europe and extracting proteins from waste streams, to new insights on the digestion of (new) proteins.
Who will be there?
Retail, Food Service, Food Industry, Startups, Ingredients and Process Technology Industries, Research Institutes, Universities, Seed Breeders, Agriculture, Feed and Pet food Industries, Financial Institutions including VCs, Governments, Ecosystems, Innovation Networks, Associations, NGOs.