DUET wants to take a number of initiatives in the field of:
- knowledge management;
- research and development;
- technology transfer;
- training in water sector-related climate change-induced disaster management and adaptation;
- organisational capacity building.
It specifically wants to:
- improve the use of financial resources and the quality of technology transfer, in line with international initiatives in Bangladesh;
- develop adequate technical, business, management, and regulatory skills;
- create an enabling environment and stakeholder participation;
- address women's central role in water provision, management and protection;
- respond to the labour market needs within the sector;
Climate change poses significant risks for Bangladesh. This is aggravated by population pressures, lack of funds and inadequate policies.
This projects actively contributes to the formulation of a Bangladesh Delta Plan
For more information please visit the Nuffic website.