The overall objective of this project is to strengthen CBU's capacity in developing and providing quality and relevant education programmes, practical research and consultancy that will support the nation's social and economic development in order to enhance its contribution to national human resource and economic development.
This project intends to enable the Copperbelt University (CBU) to provide and deliver graduates and quality research in order to contribute to industrial production and socio-economic development thereby enabling the country to achieve its Vision 2030 goals of poverty alleviation as well as the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
The specific objectives are:
- To develop, review and offer socially and economically relevant programmes through staff training and curriculum reform in the following academic focus areas:
- Economic and entrepreneurship studies;
- Mathematical modelling and statistics;
- Mining and mineral processing;
- Environmental, industrial and chemical studies.
- To improve the capacity of CBU to develop and deliver quality teaching and learning in accordance with international standards.
- To enhance quality research and consultancy by strengthening organisational and human capacity in the abovementioned academic focus areas.
For more information please visit the Nuffic website.