We are looking for
The Chair group Nutrition and Disease at Wageningen University & Research aims to decrease the risk of disease and improve the health of those with disease through better nutrition. Therefore, we conduct inter-disciplinary observational and human experimental studies on nutrition in disease aetiology, during treatment and for prognosis. Our research is focused on nutrition-related metabolic diseases, i.e. cardiovascular disease, cancer, gastro-intestinal disease. Education is offered to BSc and MSc students as part of the programme Nutrition and Health, including courses in epidemiological concepts, study design and several courses related to nutrition and disease.
To further strengthen our group and support our research and education activities, the Chair group Nutrition and Disease invites applications for a tenure track Assistant/Associate Professor. We are looking for an expert, who integrates human studies on nutrition-related diseases with knowledge on hormone-related metabolic pathways.
In a challenging career trajectory, you will:
• develop an independent, ambitious, internationally competitive research area
• attract national and international research funding
• collaborate with colleagues both within the Chair Nutrition and Disease as well as other chair groups within the Division of Human Nutrition and Health.
• set up, coordinate and teaching courses in research methodology, nutrition and disease
• supervise BSc and MSc thesis projects, and PhD students.
You are an ambitious, enthusiastic and creative scientist and team player, devoted to research and education with a strong background in the pathophysiology of nutrition-related diseases.
You also have:
• a PhD degree in a(bio)medical discipline
• at least 2 years of post-doctoral research experience in the field of nutrition-related metabolic disease
• international experience, preferably through PhD or post-doc abroad
• experience and proven success in the acquisition of independent research funding
• excellent communication skills
• good didactic qualities and enthusiasm for teaching and working with (under)graduate students
• proven research excellence, as demonstrated by publications in top journals
• registration as Epidemiologist A/B or Nutritionist A/B is an advantage
We offer a temporary contract with the possibility of extension in Tenure Track, for 38 hours per week. Gross salary: from € 3475,- to € 6438,- based on a full time employment and dependent on expertise and experience.
For information about this position, please contact Prof. dr. Ellen Kampman; tel. +31317483867; e-mail: email@example.com.
For information about the contractual aspects, please contact Mr. R. van Meegen (HR-advisor); tel. +31317485466; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can apply online at the career site of Wageningen University & Research: http://www.wur.nl/en/Jobs/Vacancies.htm until September the 1st 2018.
The Chair group Nutrition and Disease is part of the Division of Human Nutrition and Health of the Agrotechnology & Food Science Group. The division includes four other chair groups: Nutrition, Metabolism and Genomics; Global Nutrition; Nutritional Biology and Sensory Science and Eating Behaviour. Together, we conduct top-level research at the molecular, observational and population level.
The Agrotechnology & Food Sciences Group is part of Wageningen University & Research, an organisation that brings together fundamental and applied scientific research. We work on creating ‘healthy food in a biobased society’ with private sector companies, research institutes and government agencies in the Netherlands and abroad. Our innovations play a crucial role in solving the major issues which affect society today. Entrepreneurship and professionalism are key in all that we do. In short, we are a major international employer offering considerable potential for your career.
Wageningen University & Research
Delivering a substantial contribution to the quality of life. That's our focus – each and every day. Within our domain of good and safe food & food production, food security and a healthy living environment, we search for answers to issues affecting society – such as sustainable food production, climate change and alternative energy. Of course, we don’t do this alone. Every day, 5000 people work on ‘the quality of life’, turning ideas into reality, on a global scale.
Could you be one of these people? We give you the space you need. For further information about working at Wageningen University & Research, take a look at http://www.wur.nl/en/Jobs.htm
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.