We are looking for
An enthusiastic and entrepreneurial business developer to connect the world-leading knowledge of our 250 colleagues of Wageningen Food & Biobased Research, working in the area of food, nutrition, consumer science, agrologistics, postharvest technology and food informatics to the needs of our customers by making valuable project propositions. The new business developer will primarily be responsible for the (food) ingredient market and preferably has a relevant network in this global market segment.
As business developer, you are responsible for acquiring and organizing new projects to further grow the project portfolio sustainably:
• Create and follow-up leads with industrial customers;
• Jointly with our experts, translate societal and business needs into new high value project propositions and writing research project proposals to expand our sustainable project portfolio;
• Build consortia of various international customers to work collectively on large, game changing, research projects to allow partners to accelerate innovation and product development and get access to the latest technologies;
• Manage the process to discuss and agree with customers the commercial terms of the related collaboration agreements and get these signed in close collaboration with the legal and financial experts of WFBR;
• Develop and maintain a relevant international business network to build and expand the brand name of WUR in general and WFBR in particular to create a market leading position in selected areas.
Excellent communication and pro-activeness is critical for all our people.
• An expert with a result-oriented and entrepreneurial attitude with strong networking skills and a high energy level;
• At least 3 years of business development/acquisition/sales experience preferably in a market-oriented R&D environment;
• Well-developed organisational awareness and excellent communication skills to sell our ideas both internally and externally;
• An MSc degree (or equivalent) knowledge of a relevant science area. A degree in business development or MBA or relevant work experience/proven track record in commercial skills is an important selection parameter.
• Excellent writing and speaking skills in English and at least basic in Dutch. An additional language (e.g. German, Spanish, French) is preferred.
A job at a commercial organisation that will challenge you every day to provide our clients with the best possible solution. As Business Developer you will be part of an ambitious team working on a wide range of issues with plenty of scope for initiative. Personal input and responsibility are an integral part of our culture.
We offer a temporary position with an average working time of 36 hours per week, for the period of 1 year, with the possibility of a permanent employment after a successful evaluation. Besides a salary at market rates, we offer you favourable study and leave arrangements and a pension scheme with the ABP pension fund.
For more information about this position you can contact Gerhard de Ruiter, business unit manager, tel. +31 317-489150. You can find out more about the terms of employment by contacting Wilma Jansen, HRM department, email: email@example.com.
You can apply online at http://www.wur.nl/en/Jobs/Vacancies.htm until 19 July 2018.
The interviews will take place in the week of 6 August 2018.
Wageningen Food & Biobased Research (WFBR) develops insights and technologies that support industries, governments, and research institutes to create innovative solutions for a healthier, more sustainable, and prosperous world. Together with our clients we develop healthy and tasty food, truly-sustainable food chains, and chemicals and materials that use biomass instead of fossil resources. Our in-depth knowledge of the entire chain, from raw materials through processing to end product, drives our approach.
We make smart connections between various disciplines to explore complex issues from different perspectives. Through a combination of intelligent analyses and pragmatic invention, we find solutions for these issues. Grounded in science and business, our researchers bring a no-nonsense attitude to their work. We investigate and develop at all stages: upscaling from lab to pilot and from initial idea to production processes that deliver real products for our customers. We have direct access to the latest scientific findings and have a firm grasp of what modern technology offers. Every day, we work with national and global companies, governments and other research institutes to create innovative solutions; now and in the future.
Wageningen Food & Biobased Research is one of the Contract Research Organizations of Wageningen University & Research, with the aim to explore the potential of nature to improve the quality of life. With approximately 30 locations, 5,000 members of staff and 10,000 students, Wageningen University & Research is a world leader in its domain. An integral way of working, and cooperation between the exact sciences and the technological and social disciplines are key to its approach.
For further information about working at Wageningen UR, take a look at http://www.wur.nl/en/Jobs.htm
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.