We are looking for
A team member of the Portfolio Support Group (PSG) to provide support services for the implementation of our international portfolio of projects, events, and short professional courses.
You will join Wageningen Centre for Development Innovation (WCDI), part of Wageningen University & Research. Motto of WCDI is ‘Knowledge in Action’; we support organisations and people to strengthen their capacity for sustainable development.
PSG is a team of WCDI consisting of ~18 persons that supports in the total WCDI portfolio. PSG is divided in 3 subteams, i.e. PSG Marketing and Admission Support, PSG Courses, Projects and Events Support, and Secretariat Support.
You will be part of the subteam PSG Marketing and Admission support and will provide support services for our admission team, to make sure that our application process for our international short courses runs smoothly. Our professional short courses are implemented in the Netherlands and abroad.
Your activities will mainly consist of the administrative and supportive tasks related to acquiring and administrating scholarships (NUFFIC), intense correspondence by e-mail with potential candidates to assist them with the application procedure, assist in coordination of the selection of eligible candidates for the scholarships, database management, contact person to external clients (NUFFIC) and other divisions within the WUR (e.g. communications) and marketing tasks.
- MBO or HBO level of education or equal level of professional performance obtained through relevant work-experience;
- Excellent computer skills (e.g. MS Office, SAGE, CRM) and ability to learn other programmes used within our organisation;
- Excellent spoken and written Dutch and English (a mininum of CEFR B1 level). For more information about this proficiency level, please visit our special language page.
- Mastering of the French language is an asset;
- Ability to set priorities and perform adequately under high work and peer pressure;
- Ability to work independently and take initiative and responsibility;
- Good communication and organisational skills and a service and quality oriented approach;
- Key competencies are; accuracy, confidentiality and discretion, tact, self-steered and solution oriented;
- A dynamic and balanced team player;
- Interest in working in a dynamic, highly-motivated international environment with other people committed to having an impact in other regions of the world;
- Willingness to work outside office hours if the job so demands.
We offer you a meaningful job with, depending on your experience, a competitive salary to a maximum of € 2860 gross per month (1,0 fte, 36 hours per week) in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for the Wageningen Research (scale 6). An employment contract of 0,8 fte is negotiable.
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural end-of-year bonus of 3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 171 vacation hours, the possibility to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
- the possibility to work a maximum of 40 hours per week and in this way build up a maximum of 204 compensation hours per year;
- a flexible model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research and business are represented;
- make use of the sports facilities on campus.
We offer a versatile job in an international environment with varied activities in a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
Would you like to know more about this vacancy? We will be more than happy to provide you with further information. For questions regarding content, please contact PSG Marketing and Admission coordinator Reineke Zegers, tel +31(0)317-482987 or Manager Operations Judith van der Horst , tel. +31 (0) 317-480876.
For questions regarding the selection process, please contact Karin den Ridder, HR Advisor, tel. +31 (0)317 484401.
Please submit your application before 25 August, 2019. Please use the application button to apply. You will find this button at http://www.wur.nl/en/Jobs.htm.
The mission of Wageningen University & Research is “To explore the potential of nature to improve the quality of life”. Within Wageningen University & Research, nine specialised research institutes from the Wageningen Research Foundation and Wageningen University have joined forces to help answer the most important questions in the domain of healthy food and living environment.
With approximately 30 locations, 5,000 employees, and 10,000 students, Wageningen University & Research is one of the leading organisations in its domain worldwide. An integrated approach to problems and the cooperation between various disciplines are at the heart of the unique approach of Wageningen.
At Wageningen Centre for Development Innovation we strengthen capacities for sustainable development in support of inclusive and sustainable food systems, through ‘Knowledge in Action’. We do so through our unique approaches in fostering lifelong learning, guiding sector transformation, managing for impact, facilitating stakeholder collaboration and strengthening strategic leadership. A close connection between project implementation and capacity development characterises our work. In our work with clients from governments, businesses, civil society, NGOs and the academic world, our group of 50 scientific staff connects Wageningen University & Research's knowledge and expertise with the challenges to support inclusive and sustainable food systems in low and middle income countries.
Additional information about the Wageningen Centre for Development Innovation can be found on our website: http://www.wur.nl/en/Expertise-Services/Research-Institutes/centre-for-development-innovation.htm
For further information about working at Wageningen University & Research, take a look at the special career site.