We are looking for
Are you interested to contribute to sustainable and biobased production of fine chemicals? Would you like to participate in an international project in the field of synthetic biology?
We are looking for a post-doc candidate that will be involved in a collaborative project with several European partners in the ERA CoBioTech program (https://www.cobiotech.eu). The successful candidate will join an active, interdisciplinary team at Wageningen Plant Research working in the field of synthetic biology applied for the production of plant compounds via microbial fermentation.
We are looking for an enthusiastic post-doc candidate who will be involved in plant enzyme characterization and the assembly of metabolic pathways and regulatory circuits to promote the production of high value aromatic compounds in microbes. The approach to achieve this will be based on the principle of design-build-test-learn-cycle inherent to systems - and synthetic biology. The candidate will also be involved in FAIR data management, communication and dissemination activities related to the project.
This position requires an excellent English language proficiency (a mininum of CEFR C1 level). For more information about this proficiency level, please visit our special language page.
• A PhD degree in plant biochemistry, metabolic engineering or industrial microbiology
• Experience in the application of synthetic biology for the production of sustainable chemicals via fermentation
• Experience in metabolic engineering of microbes
• Experience in plant enzyme characterization is a pre
• Experience in working in a multidisciplinary team
• A keen interest in green-white biotechnology
• Excellent communication skills as well as excellent command of English, both written and spoken.
We offer you a meaningful job with for a maximum of 32 hours per week for a period of 1.5 years. Depending on your experience, a competitive salary from a minimum of € 2.656,- to a maximum of € 4.330,- based on a 36 hours working week, in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for the Wageningen Research (scale 10).
In addition, we offer:
• 8% holiday allowance;
• a structural end-of-year bonus of 3%;
• excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
• flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
• excellent pension plan through ABP;
• 171 vacation hours (based on full time employment), the possibility to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
• the possibility to work flexible to balance work and life;
• a flexible model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
• a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research and business are represented; Wageningen University & Research stimulates internal career opportunities and mobility with an internal recruitment policy. There are ample opportunities for own initiative in a learning environment. We offer a versatile job in an international environment with varied activities in a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
For more information about this function, please contact Dirk Bosch, Group leader Applied Metabolic Systems (telephone +31 317 480 933, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) or Katarina Cankar, project leader (telephone +31 317 480 979, email: email@example.com). For more information about the procedure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. General information about BU Bioscience can be found on https://www.wur.nl/en/Research-Results/Research-Institutes/plant-research/Bioscience.htm.
This vacancy is open until 30th August 2019. The first job interviews will take place on 12th September 2019.
The mission of Wageningen University & Research is “To explore the potential of nature to improve the quality of life”. Within Wageningen University & Research, nine specialised research institutes from the Wageningen Research Foundation and Wageningen University have joined forces to help answer the most important questions in the domain of healthy food and living environment.
With approximately 30 locations, 5,000 employees, and 10,000 students, Wageningen University & Research is one of the leading organisations in its domain worldwide. An integrated approach to problems and the cooperation between various disciplines are at the heart of the unique approach of Wageningen.
For further information about working at Wageningen University & Research, take a look at the special career site. The mission of our University is to explore the potential of nature to improve the quality of life. Within Wageningen University & Research, nine specialised research institutes from the Wageningen Research Foundation and Wageningen University have joined forces to help answer the most important questions in the domain of healthy food and living environment. With approximately 30 locations, 5,000 employees, and 10,000 students, it is one of the leading organisations in its domain worldwide. An integrated approach to problems and the cooperation between various disciplines are at the heart of the unique approach of Wageningen. Equal opportunities employer We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.