We are looking for
Are you the pioneer in recruiting that we’re looking for? Can you give shape to a completely new position within WUR and make it your own? Do you have experience working with and for scientists? Then we’re looking for you!
At the beginning of 2019 we started to professionalise our recruitment process. We’re now ready to take the next step in our plan: creating a recruitment team. This is why we want to talk with experienced recruiters who want to take this step and the subsequent steps with us.
Our future recruitment team will have several functions. Sourcers, Recruiters, an AMC specialist and Recruitment support will all be represented. A well-rounded team.
Your work will be very varied. Most of your time will be spent working with the hiring managers and HR advisors of the different units, on location, at the heart of the academic and research world! The main location is Wageningen, but WUR is also active in The Hague, IJmuiden, Leeuwarden and Lelystad.
We think it’s important to strengthen our recruitment team by working on collaborative recruitment subjects and professionalising recruitment throughout WUR. This is why you will also work together with all recruiters at a single location once per week.
This year alone we want to match 600 vacancies with the right candidates who will not only meet the profile criteria but who will also fit our view of an inclusive organisation. Speaking of variety, the vacancies that need to be filled range from Researcher to Financial Controller, and from Tenure Track Assistant Professor to Facilities Staff.
We've set the bar high and expect that recruitment holds no secrets for you. You can translate the latest developments into daily practice and you take an innovative approach to finding the most suitable candidates for our academic and non-academic vacancies. You also have a strong affinity with labour market communication and know how to get candidates to take an interest in us through our mission: 'To explore the potential of nature to improve the quality of life.' You will serve as a sounding board for the HR advisor and the hiring manager and can skilfully incorporate themes such as inclusivity and internationalisation into your recruitment approach.
Together with all stakeholders, you and your team will work on building a professional recruitment department.
- you are responsible for recruiting and selecting all new staff members.
- you see recruitment as the first step in an optimum on-boarding process.
- you will maintain close contact with the HR advisors and hiring managers.
- you will proactively focus on quality, speed and added value.
- you will share your expertise with your fellow recruiters and help us give shape to a new WUR recruitment team.
- you have worked in an academic setting before, you understand its complexities and you know how to achieve the desired results.
For this new position, it is important that:
- you have at least a university of applied sciences degree.
- you have experience working with scientists in a complex environment.
- you have extensive experience with international recruitment and therefore have an excellent command of the English language (level C1 or higher).
- you have excellent analytic skills.
- you have more than six years of relevant recruitment experience.
- you have extensive knowledge of the national and international job market.
- you are familiar with process optimisation.
- you have strong organisation and communication skills.
- you are objective and results-oriented.
- your ambition is to create the best recruitment department in the academic world together with your colleagues.
An important advantage is experience in recruiting specific target groups. WUR want to be an inclusive organisation with diverse personnel. This also applies to the creation of the recruitment team. We therefore warmly invite everyone to respond to this vacancy.
We offer you a challenging position with, depending on your experience, a competitive salary of €2,656 minimum to €4,330 maximum for a full 36-hour workweek in accordance with the CAO Wageningen Research (scale 10). In addition, an employment contract of 0.8 FTE is negotiable.
We also offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural year-end bonus of 3%;
- excellent training possibilities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours and holidays can be set in consultation to enable an optimum balance between work and private life;
- excellent pension scheme via ABP;
- 171 holiday hours, the possibility of buying more and good additional arrangements for leave of absence;
- the possibility of working for a maximum of 40 hours a week, thus building up a maximum of 204 compensation hours a year;
- options for choosing some of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and enjoy the many activities on the Wageningen Campus. And where teaching, research and industry are represented; the use of the sports facilities on campus.
Wageningen University & Research stimulates possibilities to grow internally, and there are many opportunities to take your own initiative in a learning environment.
We offer a diverse job in an international environment that involves various tasks in an enjoyable and open working situation. As a recruiter you can make an important contribution to WUR’s mission: ‘To explore the potential of nature to improve the quality of life.’
For more information about this position, please contact Johan Kanis, Manager Recruitment, +31 6 22158424.
Due to the summer holidays and the fact that we are looking for several recruiters, the vacancy will be open longer than usual; no formal end date has been set.
Applications can be made directly via the button on this site. If we also see a ‘match’, we will contact you to arrange a meeting.
Wageningen University and Research centre
Delivering a substantial contribution to the quality of life. That's our focus – each and every day. Within our domain, healthy food and living environment, we search for answers to issues affecting society – such as sustainable food production, climate change and alternative energy. Of course, we don’t do this alone. Every day, 6,500 people work on ‘the quality of life’, turning ideas into reality, on a global scale.
Could you be one of these people? We give you the space you need.
For further information about working at Wageningen UR, take a look at www.wageningenur.nl/career.