We are looking for
Can you model the future to ensure sustainable food production and a clean living environment?
Wageningen University & Research is a knowledge institute that provides insight into the capacity of our planet on the one hand, and human actions on the other. For this we make use of and develop, among others, policy analysis, future studies, chain and consumer research, evaluations and monitoring systems, based upon our data, models and knowledge.
Wageningen Economic Research (WEcR) is the independent and internationally leading socio-economic research institute as part of Wageningen University & Research (WUR). We offer governments and companies (socio-) economic insights and integral advice for sound policies and better decision-making in an innovative and creative way. We have been an authority in sustainable agriculture & food, balanced nutrition, lifestyle and the living environment for decades.
We are currently looking for a (Senior) Researcher Agri-Food Business Informatics to join our rapidly growing Data Science, Information Management & Project Management Organisation (DIO) expertise group. We are looking for a researcher that is highly motivated to improve the sustainability of food production systems by analysing, designing and improving information management solutions to support public and private policy makers. Depending on your expertise you will focus on complex data or information management issues within the agri-food business domain and how modern ICT concepts such as Internet of Things, Data Warehousing, Big Data Analytics or Blockchain Technology can solve those issues.
- you analyze complex information management and ICT issues from a business and supply chain perspective in relation to societal needs;
- you are able to develop new concepts for solutions for our internal and external customers;
- you manage information management projects;
- you work closely with data and architecture specialists within DIO and with domain specialists within WEcR and WUR;
- you work with the WUR-wide Wageningen Data Competence Center (WDCC) which aims to fulfil a leading position in cross-domain data processing. (DIO is the natural partner for the WDCC);
- you work in close interaction with national and international external stakeholders: farmers, food companies, public bodies, NGOs, ICT companies and other relevant partners.
- academic background in the area of Information Management in preferably Food or Agriculture;
- knowledge of and experience with business ICT concepts (Business and Information Analysis, Information Architecture, Data Management, IoT, Standardization);
- experience with project management;
- experience with management of internal and external stakeholders and a strong customer focused attitude;
- excellent communication skills, good writing skills;
- social skills and the ability to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical professionals;
- a collaborative and open style of working: a teammate who enjoys working with others, is friendly, takes the initiative, is creative;
- a good command of written and spoken Dutch and English;
- willingness to travel to The Hague and travel abroad on a regular basis.
- A meaningful job with highly motivated colleagues in an international setting, with varied work and plenty of opportunity for personal development in a pleasant and open working environment.
- Depending on the exact job specifications, the appointment is for 32 or 36 hours per week.
- Depending on experience, the salary is maximum € 4934/5608,- gross per month (scale 11/12, CAO Stichting Wageningen Research) on full-time basis (36 hours).
- 23 days of leave for a full-time position of 36 hours per week, with the option of accruing another 25 extra days (compensation leave) for a 40-hour working week.
- 8% holiday allowance and a fixed 3% end-of-year bonus.
- Arrangements for special leave, parental leave and sick leave above average, as is the employer’s pension contribution.
- Optimum balance between work and private life.
- Good training and education opportunities.
- Sports facilities at reduced prices are at your availability.
- This position is based in Wageningen.
We are looking forward to receiving your details. If you wish to receive more information feel free to contact Bert Vermeer, DIO Group Head, email@example.com, Sjaak Wolfert Senior Scientist Informatiemanagement, firstname.lastname@example.org, Eugene Westerhof Data Architect, email@example.com.
Applications can be sent online via the application button above untill 30 August 9:00 AM .
An independent and internationally leading socio-economic research institute. Wageningen Economic Research offers governments and companies (socio)economic insights and integral advice for sound policies and better decision-making in an innovative way. We have been an expert in the field of sustainable agriculture & food, healthy nutrition, lifestyle and the living environment for over 75 years, and are known as a knowledge institute that provides insight into the capacity of our planet on the one hand, and human actions on the other. For this we make use of and develop, among others, policy analysis, future studies, chain and consumer research, evaluations and monitoring systems, based upon our data, models and knowledge.
Within Wageningen UR and together with the Centre for Development Innovation (CDI) and the University’s Department of Social Sciences (DMW), Wageningen Economic Research is part of the Social Sciences Group. DMW, Wageningen Economic Research and CDI comprise the entire knowledge chain of fundamental scientific research (DMW), applied scientific research (Wageningen Economic Research) and consultancy and capacity building (CDI). As a result, Wageningen Economic Research provides access to this comprehensive range of expertise.
Agency calls or emails are not appreciated