We are looking for
- Executes projects in the field of biosystems engineering for greenhouse horticulture, especially the design of new horticultural production systems and the improvement of existing sub-processes in greenhouses in an international setting.
- Use existing models of greenhouse production systems in the field of greenhouse, climate, energy and water.
- Contributes to the development and improvement of horticulture production systems with reduced energy or water consumption and increased production with a high-quality end product.
- Conducts application-oriented research within the projects, translates research results into practical application and implementation in an international setting.
- Works in a multi-disciplinary team with various experts within WUR and international cooperation partners.
- Is (partial) project leader of projects (often in public private partnerships in which industry, government and knowledge institutions participate).
- Communicates intensively with all cooperation parties and transfers the results to practice and science.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious WO Researcher Bioystems Engineering in International Greenhouse Horticulture, with:
- Academic working and thinking level.
- Thorough knowledge in the field of biosystems engineering; for example education in biosystems engineering or other relevant background.
- Experience in working in a multidisciplinary team.
- Knowledge of physical modeling and programming (e.g. Matlab) is an advantage.
- Knowledge of the field of horticulture technology or willingness to meet the challenges in horticulture.
- Knowledge of the interaction of crop production and technical design of greenhouse systems and the willingness to live up to the challenges of international horticulture.
- Skills in managing projects or the willingness to learn them.
- Very good command of English language; Arabic is an advantage.
- Willingness to travel frequently, especially to the Middle East.
- Driving License B.
- An independent and flexible researcher, result and quality oriented.
- An enthusiastic colleague with good communication skills and team spirit, customer-oriented and stress tolerant.
We offer a temporary employment contract with an average working week of 36 hours (full-time), salary a maximum of € 4.847, - gross per month for a full-time working week (scale 11 CAO DLO) depending on experience. The duration of the employment contract is initially for the period of one year with possibilities for extension. In addition to a market-based salary, we offer you good study and leave arrangements and a pension plan with the ABP Pension Fund.
For more information about this position, please contact Silke Hemming, team leader WUR Greenhouse Horticulture, Greenhouse Technology, tel. 0317-486921.
Information about employment can be obtained from Marike Westra, HRM department, tel. 0317-480324.
You can apply online via www.wur.eu/career up to and including June 14, 2018.
The mission of Wageningen University & Research is “To explore the potential of nature to improve the quality of life”. Within Wageningen University & Research, nine specialised research institutes from the Wageningen Research Foundation and Wageningen University have joined forces to help answer the most important questions in the domain of healthy food and living environment.
With approximately 30 locations, 5,000 employees, and 10,000 students, Wageningen University & Research is one of the leading organisations in its domain worldwide. An integrated approach to problems and the cooperation between various disciplines are at the heart of the unique approach of Wageningen.
For further information about working at Wageningen University & Research, take a look at the special career site.
Business unit Greenhouse Horticulture is the internationally leading contract research institute for greenhouse horticulture. We focus on innovations in the greenhouse horticultural sector. Together with industry, science and government, questions on business management and crop cultivation are analyzed and translated into application-oriented research and innovation processes.
WUR Greenhouse Horticulture has about 80 employees and three research teams:
- Crop health, soil and water
- Crop physiology and management
- Greenhouse Technology