We are looking for
We are looking for a project leader sustainable development with a clear acquisition profile who specialises in finding new business opportunities and the ability to develop these into projects. The project leader is a sparring partner for our customers, who builds on the knowledge and the skills of the team and provides inspiring leadership. S/he will lead projects for national clients and partners as well as international projects. To succeed in this role, s/he will need a customer and result-oriented attitude, project management skills as well as affinity with the fields of geoinformatics and solutions for sustainable development, in particular in the domains of food security, health, water, energy, climate, resource efficiency, biodiversity, sustainable cities and rural areas.Your responsibilityVarious innovations and developments in technology and institutional settings constantly create new potential for applications. It is your responsibility to maximise business opportunities by constantly searching for new possibilities to improve the quality of life.
Your core activities include:
- Actively maintaining customer relationships and expanding on the existing network of governments and policymakers, industry organisations and companies as well as other relevant stakeholders
- Translating customers' knowledge questions into project proposals, possibly in collaboration with other partners
- Coordinating and directing of multiple projects and project teams with national and international partners
Since many of our services involve understanding the user context, spatial modelling and creating stakeholder support, your work requires affinity with our working fields.
- Proven track record of successful acquisition in commercial and institutional markets, with experience in writing project proposals and procuring assignments
- Extensive, relevant national and international network that includes the business community and industry organisations in the primary production chain (e.g. agriculture, forestry, fisheries, mining), governments, NGOs and other relevant stakeholders
- Experience in leading national and international project groups with multiple partners in a unifying way
- Excellent social and communicative skills and a flexible team-oriented spirit
- International orientation and willingness to travel internationally
- We offer a challenging position in an international environment with varied activities in a pleasant and open work atmosphere, with ample opportunities for personal development.
- The appointment involves at least 32 hours a week.
- This is a permanent position, starting with a temporary contract.
- Extension of that contract depends on proven suitability and the scope of the order portfolio.
- The salary is between €3670 and €5509 gross per month, depending on experience (scale 12) on a full-time basis (36 hours).
- < >e offer excellent secondary terms of employment, for example a structural -end-of- year bonus and flexibility in many respects.Good opportunities for training and education.
- This role is based in Wageningen
Please contact Peter Verweij ph. +31 317 481601 for more information.
Only applications via the apply button will be considered.
Wageningen Environmental Research is a knowledge-driven and independent research institute working towards the realisation of a sustainable green living environment. Team Earth Informatics is one of the research groups of Wageningen Environmental Research. In the rapidly developing interdisciplinary fields of earth observation, environmental informatics and sustainable development, we develop data-, information- and advisory services for the commercial and institutional sector all over the world. Examples of services include satellite-based advisory apps to support farmers to increase their yields in Bangladesh, multi-stakeholder planning for climate-resilient cities in Latin America and coherent mapping of forestry management to support pan-European policy making.