We are looking for
Do you consider the availability of safe and wholesome food for the entire world population one of the great challenges of our era? Do you want to contribute to safe and balanced diets by securing well designed and well executed analyses of food and feed? Are you eager to take on the challenge of improving analytical techniques in this field using state-of-the-art measurement systems such as LC-(HR)MS? This might be the next step for you! The Natural Toxins team, hosting the European Reference Laboratory (EURL) for Mycotoxins and Plant toxins in food and feed is looking for an ambitious researcher/project leader mycotoxins.
- Act as the project leader for a number of projects, mainly for the Dutch government, but also in public-private partnerships (PPP)- and EU-projects
- Be responsible for designing and developing the scientific program(ing) in the area of analysis for mycotoxins in food and feed for the Dutch government
- Build and maintain an (inter)national scientific network with relevant people and organizations
- Proactively look for new opportunities in e.g. PPP- and EU-calls and write proposals in the field of mycotoxins
- Publish the results of research in scientific journals and present them at international conferences
- At least 3 years experiences in mycotoxin research and a PhD in analytical chemistry, food chemistry or comparable specialization. Knowledge of instrumental analysis (LC-MS) of (myco)toxins is preferred;
- The enthusiasm to further develop your knowledge and experience in instrumental mycotoxin analysis and research;
- Experience with acquisition of new projects;
- A creative thinker and initiator with the energy to move projects in a positive and constructive way;
- You are fluent in written and spoken English, and preferably also in Dutch or you are willing to learn Dutch.
- working hours that can be discussed and arranged so that they allow for the best possible work-life balance;
- the option to accrue additional compensation hours by working more, up to 4 hours a week (additional to a full-time working week of 36 hours);
- possibilities for sabbatical leave, study leave, and partially paid parental leave;
- there is a strong focus on vitality and you can make use of the sports facilities available on campus for a small fee;
- a fixed December bonus of 4%;
- excellent pension scheme.
Wageningen University & Research encourages internal advancement opportunities and mobility with an internal recruitment policy. There are plenty of options for personal initiative in a learning environment, and we provide excellent training opportunities. We are offering a multi-faceted position in an international environment with a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
You are going to work at the greenest and most innovative campus in the Netherlands, and at a university that has been chosen as the “Best University” in the Netherlands for the 17th consecutive time.
Coming from abroad
Wageningen University & Research is the university and research centre for life sciences. The themes we deal with are relevant to everyone around the world, and Wageningen, therefore, has a large international community and a lot to offer to international employees. Applicants from abroad moving to the Netherlands may qualify for a special tax relief, known as the 30% ruling. Our team of advisors on Dutch immigration procedures will help you with the visa application procedures for yourself and, if applicable, for your family.
Feeling welcome also has everything to do with being well informed. Wageningen University & Research's International Community page contains practical information about what we can do to support international employees and students coming to Wageningen. Furthermore, we can assist you with any additional advice and information about helping your partner to find a job, housing, schooling, and other issues.
For more information about this position, please contact Linda Stolker, Team leader of The Natural Toxins team, telephone +31 317-480390, or by e-mail email@example.com .
For more information about the procedure, please contact Talitha Bots, HR-advisor, by phone +31 317 486317 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can apply directly using the apply button on the vacancy page on our website which will allow us to process your personal information with your approval.
This vacancy has been, at the same time, published both internally and externally. In case of equal suitability, an internal candidate has priority.
Don’t wait with your application. As soon as we have good candidates, we will start the interviews. Will we talk to you soon?
The mission of Wageningen University and Research is “To explore the potential of nature to improve the quality of life”. Under the banner Wageningen University & Research, Wageningen University and the specialised research institutes of the Wageningen Research Foundation have joined forces in contributing to finding solutions to important questions in the domain of healthy food and living environment.
With its roughly 30 branches, 7.200 employees and 13.200 students, Wageningen University & Research is one of the leading organisations in its domain. An integrated approach to problems and the cooperation between various disciplines are at the heart of Wageningen’s unique approach. WUR has been named Best Employer in the Education category for 2019-2020.
Read the 5 reasons why your future colleagues enjoy working at WUR and watch this video to get an idea of our green campus!