The Excellence Programme is initiated by Wageningen University & Research to attract excellent students for a master’s programme, and who might have the potential to do a PhD after MSc graduation. In Wageningen or elsewhere.
You can only take part in the Excellence Programme on invitation. See below for the procedure and time schedule. During the selection process, the candidates will be requested to fill in a web form, to do an additional assignment, and might have a skype interview.
Available scholarships: 10
Application deadline for MSc programme: 1 March 2021
Start MSc programme: 1 September 2021 or February 2022
Components of the scholarship:
- A tuition fee waiver for the duration of the programme (24 months).
- A budget for one seminar in Europe (travel, stay, registration fee).
- A budget for participation in the 'reach your full potential programme'.
1. You come from a country outside the European Economic Area (and Switzerland).
2. You have applied for one of the MSc programmes at Wageningen University & Research . For the MSc application please see: How can I apply for the master’s programme? (Non EU/EFTA)
3. During your MSc application you have uploaded a reference letter from a professor, preferably of a high ranked institute.
4. You have a high GPA.
If you feel that that the description in Step 1 applies to you, you can apply for an MSc programme and, after being admitted, we might invite you to participate in the ASP selection process.
For the MSc application please see: How can I apply for the master’s programme? (Non EU/EFTA)
A list of Wageningen University MSc programmes can be found here
In the first half of March 2021, all students who have been admitted to an MSc programme at Wageningen University will be assessed with regard to the Excellence Scholarship Programme.
A selected group of candidates will be invited by e-mail on April 19th, 2021 to participate in the Excellence selection procedure. Only candidates who will be invited for the selection will receive an e-mail. It will be announced on the website (under step 4) when the invitations have been sent.
The first step of the selection procedure consists of an assignment for which the deadline will be May 2nd, 2021.
After a thorough assessment of all received assignments and if we feel it’s necessary, a smaller selection of candidates can be invited for the second step of the selection procedure, which is a Skype interview with a part the selection committee. The Skype interviews will take place on May 25th or May 26th, 2021.
All selected candidates who have been invited to write an assignment will be informed on May 17th, 2021 whether or not they will be invited for a Skype interview.
On May 28th, 2021, the result of the selection process will be communicated to all candidates who wrote an assignment.
The possible results are:
- Positive and an Excellence scholarship will be granted;
- Positive but the candidate will be placed on a waiting list;
- Negative, meaning that no Excellence scholarship will be granted.
Update April 19th: Invitations to apply for the Excellence Programme have been sent. A selected group of candidates has been invited by e-mail on April 19th, 2021 to participate in the selection procedure. Only candidates who have been invited for the Excellence Programme selection have received an e-mail. If you have not received an invitation to apply for this scholarship, you have not been selected to participate.
Important dates for the Excellence programme at a glance:
March 1st, 2021: Deadline to apply for an MSc programme
April 19th, 2021: Invitation of selected candidates to take part in the further selection process (approx. 30 candidates will be selected)
May 2nd, 2021: Deadline of the assignment
May 17th, 2021: Decision about Skype interviews communicated
May 25th or May 26th, 2021: Skype interviews, if needed