WUR Students can use the copiers in the Library to copy or scan the printed publications that are available in the Library.
If an article or book is not held by WUR Library, you can request it at another library. Books and articles from other (University) libraries can be ordered in several ways:
1. In WUR Library Search select the filter Libraries in the Netherlands or Libraries Worldwide to expand your search. Select the publication and use the blue "Get it!" button to request the publication.
2. The Get it! service is also embedded in Google Scholar and databases such as Scopus, WoS and CAB Abstracts.
Look up the relevant document then click the "Get it!" button or link. On the next screen, choose the option Request this publication from WUR Library. Articles will be delivered electronically. You will get an email when you can pick up the book at the Library.
3. When you can't find the publication: in WUR Library Search choose from the “Library Links” menu (in the upper right corner) My ILL Requests, click on Create new and fill in the appropriate form.
Interlibrary Loan rates for WUR students
*Articles not available in the Netherlands will be requested elsewhere, however there is a limit to what we are willing to pay for an article. Students will be informed if the charge exceeds this limit.
** Minimum costs. You will receive a notification with the exact costs before the Library will process your request.
Ordering Special Collections
Special Collections offers collections of rare and old publications. It is possible to order copies of publications. You can also order digital reproductions of images. For more info please read this FAQ.
Delivery time of requested publications
- Journal articles: within 5 working days
- Books from other libraries: 2 to 7 working days
- Longer delivery times apply when ordering internationally.
Default delivery is by e-mail. Contact the Library in case you haven’t received any book or article after a week.