Wageningen University offers an MSc specialisation in Dairy Science and Technology. It is an English two-year MSc specialisation suited to students that have completed their BSc (in food or life science) and want to extend their knowledge on dairy science and dairy processing.
Students following the MSc specialisation Dairy Science and technology come from countries all around the world. Students from the following countries have already participated in the dairy MSc courses:
The demand for employees in this field is currently higher than the number of graduates from the Dairy Science and Technology programme.
Many recent graduates found, for example, the following jobs:
- Research in the industry or at research institutes
- Process technology at innovation centres, innovative food companies or government agencies
- At universities as PhD student
Of the previously graduated students, 50% works in the food industry, 35% in a university and 15% in a number of different fields.
As graduates progress in their careers, they usually advance to the management level.
Scope of the Dairy Science and Technology programme
The whole dairy chain with focus on milk and milk components:
- Variability in milk composition throughout the chain
- Milk composition and human health
- Physical and chemical properties of milk components
- Changes in composition during processing