To start at level III, some prior knowledge of Dutch is required. If you have passed level II, you can participate in level III. You can also start at level III if you have studied Dutch before, for example in your home country.
In this course we use the book Start.nl part 2 – Dutch for beginners. You will be doing chapters 1, 2, 3, 5 and 5. Subjects and situations that will be dealt with in Social Dutch III include talking about what you do on holiday, asking someone the way and how to answer that question, describing the future, writing a formal letter or email and typical aspects of Dutch culture.
During classes the focus is on communication and actively engaging with this material.
At the end of the course, there will be a curriculum-dependent test.
- Dates and times: December 14 - December 18
Classes on: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
Time: 10.00 - 12.00 hrs / 14.00 - 16.00 hrs.
- No time above week? You can also follow our regular online evening course Social Dutch III (2 classes per week during 6 weeks)
- Location: This is an online course that takes place in the Virtual Classroom.
- Language during classes: Dutch
- Number of classes: 10 classes (2 classes per day during 1 week)
- Self-study: 3 hours per day
- Number of participants: Max. 15
- Exam: During the final class
Fees (excluding course materials)
Course fee: € 315*
*WUR employees and students get 10% discount on this course
Schedule an intake
If you are an exchange student who already has some prior knowledge of the Dutch language, registration is preceded by a free intake interview. In this interview your level is assessed. If you have already obtained Dutch as a Second Language certificate, please bring these to the interview, as well as your student pass or student number. Please use our form to schedule an intake.
Start.nl part 2 – Dutch for beginners (ISBN: 9789046903797)
After the course you will receive a certificate (provided you have attended at least 80% of the classes).
Registration is accommodated via our partner Radboud in'to Languages.
See our General Terms and Conditions for more information.