Education by the Behaviour Ecology Group covers the whole field of animal behaviour, including basic behavioural mechanisms, behavioural ecology, applied animal behaviour, animal welfare and life history decisions. Our courses are directed towards both Biology and Animal Science students.
In addition, we welcome students to do a BSc thesis / MSc thesis in our group or an internship in collaboration with our group.
- BHE-51303 Methods in Behavioural Biology
- BHE-30306 Behavioural Ecology
- BHE-31306 Applied Animal Behaviour and Welfare
- BHE-50306 Life history Evolution
- BHE-20303 Animal Behaviour
- BHE-50801 Introduction to Animal behaviour (online)
We developed a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) “Introduction to Animal Behaviour”. The course platform was EdX. More than 20,000 participants subcribed to this course, which consists of small lectures, interviews on specific topics with specialised scientists, as well as of practical assignments. The video on the right is the introductory video to the course, taken at Hulshorster Zand, the famous field site of Niko Tinbergen’s experiments on orientation and nest finding by beewolves.