At AEW we have many projects involving the marine ecosystem. The two videos below give a good impression of the kind of subjects we study.
Ongoing PhD projects (per supervisor):
- Fee Smulders "The impact of grazing, invasive species and environmental factors on the resilience and ecosystem services of seagrass"
- Anja Cervencl
- Maarten de Jong The ecological effects of deep sand extraction on the Dutch continental shelf. Implications for future extraction
- Arno Kangeri
- Pascalle Jacobs
- Marjolein Post
- Fokje Schaafsma The living resources of the polar ocean
- Didier de Bakker
Marin van Regteren Sediment for salt marshes: the ecological aspects of a Mud Motor
- Mariska Weijerman; A Pacific An integrated ecosystem model for the coral reefs around Guam
- Edison Macusi
- Widhya Nugroho Satrioajie
- Sophie Brasseur; Individuality in grey and harbour seals in the Netherlands, reflected in distribution, diving behaviour and diet
- Mardik Leopold; You are what you eat - how seabirds, seals and porpoises exploit food sources available to them