Applications for the Academic Year 2023-2024
As many students want to go on exchange and we have limited places available, we have a selection round in the beginning of 2023 for the next academic year (for both exchange during the 1st semester AND the 2nd semester). Deadline for submitting the application form is January 31st 2023, 23h59.
Before filling in the application form
First decide about your 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice (if applicable, including the faculty you want to apply for). You can check in this list the contracts we have with the different universities; not all universities may offer exchange in your study field. It is also important to check the Extra details (column E), as some univerisities may have special requirements or may not be available at all for exchange in the Academic Year 2023-2024.
Have prepared the following:
- Look up the Application Code (column A) of your 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices in this list. You need this code when filling in your application form.
- Look up the courses that you want to follow at your 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice universities.
- Write a motivation letter for your 1st choice university (in PDF format), in English, a maximum of 1 page of A4 format
- Prepare your curriculum Vitae (CV) (in PDF Format).
Important note: please strongly consider your application. It is very unfortunate if you are selected and decide not to go without a strong reason. It often means other people cannot go to the place you were selected for.
Filling in the application form
- The deadline for submitting the application form is January 31st 2023, 23h59.
- It is important that before January 31st all your grades are listed on the Study Progress Overview (SPO), also your electives. If that is not the case (you may find some courses in the section called “Other”) please contact your Study Advisor to determine what action is needed to correct your study programme.
- After you have submitted your application you will receive a confirmation mail. Please check if the information in this mail is correct.
After submitting the form
Students will be informed about the selection results around the 1st of March. We try to select students based on their 1st choice. The 2nd and 3rd choice places will also be taken into consideration. Apart from the available places, the selection is based on the GPA, amount of ECTS, motivation letter and CV. In some cases you may not be selected for any of your chosen universities. In that case we will consult with you and will try to find a suitable alternative.
After the selection procedure, remaining places will be allocated on a first-come-first-serve basis. Please contact your Departmental Exchange Coordinator for more information.
Important note about the COVID-19 pandemic and other travel restrictions
For WUR it is crucial that the exchange destination is green, yellow or orange, under safe conditions, at the start of the exchange programme. For more details please check the WUR Travel policy for students.