The EMABG participation costs are equal for all students in a particular category and are irrespective of the universities you choose for your first and second year. The major part of this amount consists of tuition fees for the universities you will attend and that is also the main reason for the difference in EMABG participation costs. Most partner universities have higher tuition fees for non-EU than for EU students.
A limited number of scholarships covering EMABG participation costs are available, mainly for EU students. Please have a look at the exact possibilities for scholarships.
What is covered by the EMABG participation costs?
Out of the EMABG participation costs for both years, we pay for you:
- Your participation to the introduction course Welcome to EMABG
- The tuition fees to the host university of year 1
- Your participation to the Summer school Animal Breeding and Genetics
- The tuition fees to the host university of year 2
- Your participation to the Graduation Ceremony in Vienna
- Student insurance costs (health and liability) for both years of the EMABG programme.
What other costs can I expect?
The EMABG participation costs do not cover costs for travel, living and stay. This means that you need to count on an amount of on average approximately €1,000 per month for the total duration of the programme (24 months) You will need this money for living (food, study books, other expenses), stay (room rent during the various parts of the programme) and travel (to and from Europe, travel between Wageningen and first and second host universities). For excellent students, we have a limited number of full scholarships available. Please read the scholarship possibilities.