The Sociology of Development and Change group teaches courses on on a range of topics related to development studies, political ecology, anthropology of law and crisis and disaster studies. Within these fields of research, we offer possibilities to do a bachelor, master thesis or internship. We also teach in a number of different bachelor and master programmes
Information for Bachelor students
SDC teaches in 3 bachelor programmes: Bachelor Internationale ontwikkelingsstudies (BIN), Bachelor Internationaal Land en Waterbeheer (BIL) and Bachelor Bos en Natuurbeheer (BBN). Most of the SDC courses are part of the BIN
Bachelor students from the BIN can do their thesis project with SDC. Click below for more information on the thesis.
SDC Bachelor thesis
Information for Master students
SDC teaches in the following master programmes
- Master International development (MID). In this programme, the SDC group participates in three ‘thesis tracks’: Sociology of Development, Disaster Studies and Politics and Governance of Development.
- Master Development and Rural Innovation (MDR),
- Master Organic Agriculture (MOA),
- Master International Land and Water Management (MIL)
- Master Forest and Nature Conservation (MFN)
- Master Tourism, Society and Environment (MTO)
Master students from MID, MDR, MOA, MIL and MTO can do their thesis and internship with SDC.