To start at Social Dutch level II, some prior knowledge of Dutch is required. If you have passed Social Dutch level I, you can participate in level II. You can also start at level II if you have studied Dutch before, for example in your home country. In this case, you need to schedule an intake so your level of Dutch can be assessed.
In this course we use the book Start.nl part 1 – Dutch for beginners. You will be doing chapters 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10. These chapters will teach you to ask about arrival and departure times in public transportation, to talk about your house, to talk about events in the past, to order something in a bar or restaurant, and to know what you can say in a shop.
We work according to a blended learning method, which means that you prepare for the course online. During classes the focus is on communication and actively engaging with this material.
At the end of the course there will be a curriculum-dependent test. Taking this exam is mandatory if you wish to advance to the next level.
- Dates and times: December 14 - December 18
- Course days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
- Time: 10.00-12.00 hrs / 14.00 - 16.00 hrs
- No time above week? You can also follow our regular online evening course Social Dutch II (2 classes per week during 6 weeks)
- Location: This is an online course that takes place in the Virtual Classroom.
- Language during classes: Dutch
- Number of classes: 10 classes (2 classes per day during 1 week)
- Self-study: 3 hours per day
- Number of participants: Max. 15
- Exam: During the final class
Fees (excluding course materials)
Course fee: € 315*
*WUR employees and students get 10% discount on this course
Schedule an intake
If you are an exchange student who already has some prior knowledge of the Dutch language, registration is preceded by a free intake interview. In this interview your level is assessed. If you have already obtained Dutch as a Second Language certificate, please bring these to the interview, as well as your student pass or student number. Please use our form to schedule an intake.
Start.nl part 1 – Dutch for beginners.
After the course you will receive a certificate (provided you have attended at least 80% of the classes).
Registration is accommodated via our partner Radboud in'to Languages.
See our General Terms and Conditions for more information.