On this page you can find extra reading material for courses, seminars or other activities by Farming Systems Ecology.
Presentation Miguel Altieri (Forum 25-04-2013)
For the presentation of Miguel Altieri on Thursday 25th of April, two papers can be downloaded down here.
Courses 'Organic plant production' and 'Organic agriculture and society'
The compulsary reading material for the courses can be found on the EDUWEB (only for registered students), here you can find some complementary reading material.
- Agricultural sustainability and intensive production practices Tilman et al 2002.pdf (205,8 kb)
- Biodiversity and ecosystem functioning Loreau et al 2001.pdf (548,89 kb)
- Comparing the yields of organic and conventional agriculture Seufert et al 2012 .pdf (269,5 kb)
- Environmental impacts of productivity-enhancing crop research CGIAR 2001.pdf (3,18 mb)
- Global consequences of land use Foley et al 2005.pdf (386,44 kb)
- Global food losses and food waste FAO 2011.pdf (1,29 mb)
- Livestock's long shadow FAO 2006.pdf (19,07 mb)
- Persistent negative effects of pesticides Geiger et al 2010.pdf (410,79 kb)
- The crop yield gap between organic and conventional agriculture De Ponti et al 2012.pdf (417,14 kb)
- Trends in global CO2 emissions NEAA 2012.pdf (779,37 kb)