The aim of the Leniger Bruin Kühn Fund is to promote excellent education, innovative research, and support to students and professionals in food technology and food safety at Wageningen University & Research with a special focus on Latin America.
The fund provides a limited number of scholarships to mid-level professionals from Latin America for the courses of the Wageningen Centre for Development Innovation:
- Lost Harvest and wasted foods course 2021
- Governance and Food Security in international Food chains 2022
- Facilitating Multi-Stakeholder Partnerships to Foster Sustainable and Inclusive Food Systems (approval of scholarships is pending)
Applicants must be:
- Nationals of a Spanish speaking country in Latin America
- Be academically admitted to the course by WCDI
- Be employed by an organization in Latin America which supports the participation of the candidate in the course
- Submit a completed application form and submit the requested documents.
The scholarships will be awarded to candidates who are not able to finance their participation in the course or get it financed by their employer. Please include an explanation in your motivation letter and the support letter of the employer. Candidates will also be selected based on the added value of the course for their career and for their organisation and country.
These courses are given by the Wageningen Centre for Development Innovation (WCDI). You can apply on the website of WCDI.
Applications will be reviewed both by the WCDI and the Leniger Bruin Kühn Fund before the start of the course.