The admission of candidates to the Wageningen designer programme will be assessed by the Engineering Doctorate committee. A candidate is admitted to the programme when they have a Master's degree, recognised according to NUFFIC standards, in line with the designer programme, or have a Master's degree with work experience that is in line with the designer programme.
Furthermore, secondary selection criteria are used to guarantee the quality of the candidates:
- If the candidate is not Dutch, from a non-English speaking country, and the previous education was not in English, a successfully completed, internationally recognised English proficiency test is required. Minimum criteria that are used for successfully passing various tests are as follows: TOEFL internet-based 90 with a minimum of 20 for speaking, IELTS 6.5 with a minimum of 6 for speaking, Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE) with minimum level C or Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE).
- On the basis of a CV and motivation letter, it is assessed whether the candidate is sufficiently:
- Design-oriented in attitude and interest
- Motivated to complete the track
- Skilled to work in a team
- Communicative with good social skills