- A Grade Point Average (GPA) for the B.Sc. or B.A. study of at least 70% of the maximum scale. International students can check if they meet this requirement indicated in the International Credentials on the Admission Requirements page.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
To be accepted into this programme, you must have a bachelor's degree (B.Sc. or B.A.) in the social sciences, or in economics. Your BSc should (at least) contain 60 ects of social science courses or economic courses.
Students who do not meet the above mentioned criteria might have the possibility to meet the criteria after finishing a linkage programme of maximum 30 ECTS. Contact the study advisor for more information.
Are you a Wageningen University student?
If you have a three-year academic bachelor's degree in one of the following studies, you are unconditionally admitted:
- Bachelor's Economics and Governance
- Bachelor's Health and Society
- Bachelor's International Development Studies
- Bachelor's Communication Sciences
- Bachelor's Tourism
Do you have a technical or life science background?
Students with a technical, life science or management background with an interest in international development and beta/ gamma integration should go to the programme MSc Development and Rural Innovation.
Please submit your application as soon as possible and certainly within the deadlines set by the Student Service Centre.
Application Deadlines for Dutch students, EU students and for Non-EU/EFTA students
Tuition fees can vary, depending on for example your nationality and degree.
The MSc International Development Studies is a two year programme, registered with DUO as a one year programme.
Inform yourself on your entitlement to a supplementary grant, study loan and a travel product through the DUO website.
Dutch students with a supplementary grant from DUO may be eligible for a one year's grant from Wageningen University in addition to a one year supplementary grant from DUO. Read more about the '5th year' of study finance (in Dutch).