On this website you can find all information about graduation from Wageningen University & Research.
1.Osiris automatically determines when you have fulfilled the minimum requirements of the final examination for your study programme to potentially graduate.
2. You will receive an automatically generated e-mail about your potential graduation. The graduation process will start.
3. If you do not want to graduate yet, for example because you have not yet completed all your elective courses, you need to postpone your graduation within 3 working days (please continue reading to find out how to arrange this). In that case your graduation will not be processed by the Examining Board. If you already know now that you will have to postpone your graduation, you can e-mail SSC@wur.nl to arrange this.
4. Your graduation will be processed by the Examining Board. Around the 15th of the next month the Examining Board will make your graduation official and determine if the examination was passed with distinction (cum laude). SSC will inform you by e-mail on your private e-mail address. If your final grade is registered in Osiris AFTER the last day of the month in which you passed your final exam your graduation will be processed by the examining board in the subsequent month.
5. Important: Termination of enrolment via Studielink
It is important to submit your request for termination of enrolment via Studielink, at the latest in the month that you have fulfilled all the requirements of the final examination for your study programme (see point 1). Choose "graduation" as the reason of termination of your enrolment in Studielink. Please submit the request before the last day of the month in which you have completed the final requirement, even if your final grade is not yet registered in Osiris.
You do not need to wait for your last grade to be registered, because your request for termination of enrolment will not be processed in case you have not graduated for some reason.
Non-EU students and students who pay Institutional Tuition Fee 2 or 3 may receive a refund of their tuition fee for the months of July and August, in case the deregistration is a result of graduation.
You can find more information on this page.
- If your last grade is a regular course and you have approved electives*, your graduation date is the last Friday of the relevant exam period**. In order to get a possible refund of your tuition fee please be aware of the conditions for termination of enrolment.
- If your last grade is not a regular course, for example a Thesis or Internship you have approved electives, your graduation date is the date that you have completed every element and have passed the final assessment. In order to get a possible refund of your tuition fee please be aware of the conditions for termination of enrolment.
- If all your grades are registered but you do not have approved electives*, your graduation date is the date that your study programme will be approved.
* If your study programme does not contain any electives you do still have to arrange approval!
Due to COVID-19 measures all Bachelor ceremonies are cancelled and all Master ceremonies will be held online. You can find the schedule of the online ceremonies on this page.
The diploma and diploma supplement will only be awarded to students if all financial obligations towards the university have been fulfilled.
SSC informs graduated BSc and MSc students per e-mail how they can receive their diploma.
Osiris determines when you have fulfilled all the requirements of the final examination for your study programme and will start the graduation procedure automatically, usually when you have achieved 180 ECTS for the Bachelor programme or 120 ECTS for the Master programme.
If you do not want to graduate at that moment, you need to postpone your graduation. This only applies to you if you are planning to complete more than 180 ECTS in the Bachelor programme and 120 ECTS for the Master programme and you are planning to complete those extra courses AFTER you have met all the specific requirements of your study programme. You can check this on your Study Progress Overview, if the summary of progress shows Yes in every category.
|Study programme||Minimum of credits to be obtained||Credits obtained||Passed|
Please check which situation applies to you in this scheme.
If you hesitate whether you need to postpone your graduation, please contact SSC.
Postponing your graduation within 3 working days
Please send an e-mail to SSC@wur.nl within 3 working days after you have received the potentially graduated e-mail. Please include in your e-mail for which study programme you want to postpone your graduation. Your graduation will not be processed by the Examining Board.
If you already know that you will have to postpone your graduation, you can e-mail SSC@wur.nl at the beginning of the period you expect to pass 180 ECTS for the Bachelor programme or 120 ECTS for the Master programme.
Please note! When you postpone your graduation you are responsible for the graduation request when you do want to graduate! If this graduation request will be in the next academic year, you need to be (re-)enrolled for your study programme. You cannot graduate without a valid enrolment!
At the moment you want to graduate, you can send an e-mail to SSC@wur.nl. Your official graduation date will be the date that you send the e-mail. This means that when you send the e-mail that you want to graduate, you need to pay tuition fee for this month.