Master's Plant Sciences
Plants form the basis of life as they convert sunlight into an inexhaustible source of food and renewable raw materials. Plants also have a stabilising effect in (agro) ecosystems, a landscape function and ornamental value. In a nutshell, we cannot do without plants.
Why this programme?
- Broad knowledge about improved breeding of crop varieties which provides the basis for boosting food production and quality.
- Combines the technological aspects of crop production with environmental, quality, socio-economic and logistic aspects.
- Current trends in biotechnology and genetics.
Study programme of the master's Plant Sciences
On the Programme of Plant Sciences page you can find the general outline of the programme and more detailed information about courses, theses and internships.
You can also read more about the Background of the programme and Compare Plant Sciences to other master's programmes.
We offer tailor-made online plant courses for professionals at Wageningen University & Research. You can compose your own course by choosing one or more modules. Online learning is ideal to study the material at your own pace and place.
Within the master's programme you can choose one of the following Specialisations to meet your personal interests.
- Crop Science
- Greenhouse Horticulture
- Natural Resource Management
- Plant Breeding and Genetic Resources
- Plant Pathology and Entomology
- Plant Breeding (online master's specialisation)
Application and admission
Interested in taking part in the programme of Plant Sciences? Find out more about the specific Admission requirements and the application procedures.
The best way to get to know a place is by getting to know the people. Students share their experiences with you about the master's programme and student life in Wageningen on the page Student experiences.
What are your possibilities after graduating? Read more about Career perspectives and opportunities after finishing the programme.