Student Psychologist

Are you a student at WUR? The student psychologist can help you with personal problems that can lead to study delay, or with study-related health problems. You can come to us with family problems, insecurity, anxiety or gloominess, but also depression, addiction, tension or mourning.

What can the student psychologist do for you?

The WUR student psychologist offers short-term counseling (to a maximum of five meetings) for minor psychological problems. This is free and confidential!

Please note we do not diagnose or provide treatment for serious – or complex – psychological / psychiatric problems. If you need specialised or long-term help, we can help you get a referral to mental healthcare through your GP.

We provide guidance in 3 ways:

  • Walk-In (face-to-face, +- 15 minutes): If you are not sure which support best suits your question, we can advise you to come to the Walk-In at Forum, B030 on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday between 13:00-14:00h.
    On Wednesdays between 13:00 - 14:00h we are available for an Online Walk-In.

  • Intake at the psychologist (online or face-to-face, +- 60 min): We listen to you and estimate how we can best help you. That may be a group training, an e-health module (gezondeboel), we give tips, or we plan a follow-up appointment. We may also refer you to other caregivers.
  • Group training: for specific requests for help, we have developed group training courses, which are given by the student psychologists themselves.

All conversations are confidential!

Make an appointment?

Please fill in the registration form. One of our psychologists will contact you. Don’t hesitate to make an appointment; after all, prevention is better than cure.

Getting started: e-health plaform Gezondeboel

Do you want to get started yourself and learn more about how to deal with stress due to corona, receive tips on how to relax, or learn how to organise better. Gezondeboel (“healthy business”) is an online platform where you can work on your own mental health: free, anonymous and easy!

Where can you go for help?

Wageningen University & Research offers various ways of support to students. But how do you know who to turn to if you have a problem? Download the social roadmap: “Student guidance: find your way”, or go to the webpage WUR Student Guidance.


Study advisor: when to contact?

In case of study-related problems such as discipline, motivation, fear of failure, concentration, study planning, etc., we advise you to first contact your study advisor. They will help you to analyse the problems you encounter and can help you to improve your study behavior in order to study more efficiently.

What does Student Training & Support offer?

STS organizes various inspiring – free - master classes, workshops and training courses in six categories: study skills, personal- and career development, student well-being, communication and 'between cultures'. You can also make an appointment for a heart-to-heart conversation with a student life coach or with a peer coach. This is a fellow student who helps you with planning, studying efficiently and exam preparation, for example.

Student dean: how can they help?

The student dean will help you in case of study delay due to force majeure (for example in the event of illness), gives advice about finances, knows everything about regulations, helps with conflicts and with obstacles that you may encounter if you have a functional disability.

Professional code

The WUR student psychologists work according to the professional code of the NIP (Netherlands Institute of Psychologists). Herewith the quality and integrity of our guidance is guaranteed. In addition, the team uses InterVision to help and to learn from each other.