Environmental concerns, fluctuating oil prices and dwindling reserves are leading to the need for the production of biobased chemicals, materials and fuels. In order to achieve this new biomass pretreatments, (bio)chemical conversions and catalyst developments are required. As well as this biobased molecules offer opportunities for the production of novel and functional materials.
- Application of homogeneous, heterogeneous and bio-catalysis in biobased reactions
- Developments of non-noble metal based catalysts
- Development of catalysts stable under conditions required for biomass conversion
- Novel functional materials from biomacromolecules
- Biomass pretreatment and cellulose conversion
- Biomass conversions using catalytic aqueous phase reforming