SiLiCo Centre Wageningen (Simulating Life Science’s Complexity) is a virtual centre that acts as a portal to Wageningen University’s expertise on modelling complex systems through agent-based simulations.
Let's meet in SiLiCo!
The models and simulations made in SiLiCo allow to ask "What if" questions about policy or behaviour.
SiLiCo organizes lectures and summer courses, and it allows researchers, clients and students to find their way to the university’s activities around complexity.
Silico is one of the organizers of the summer school on Agent Based Modelling for Resilience at WUR. The latest edition can be found here: https://www.pe-rc.nl/node/22275
SiLiCo Centre Wageningen’s mission is
- To be a contact point for WUR researchers in the area of Complex Adaptive Systems and for research clients seeking contact with WUR,
- To do so in a multidisciplinary way, involving all five knowledge units of WUR,
- And to contribute to the quality of life in this way.
Research aims are
- To improve good practice in Complex Adaptive Systems research, involving model conceptualization, model analysis, validation, growth of knowledge across projects.
- To further proposal writing by researchers from WUR in calls that are relevant to CAS research.