Specific admission requirements
We require a relevant bachelor's, including a certain number of technical and natural scientific courses. Relevant are for instance specialisations or minors and courses focussing on water and waste management, architecture and the built environment, transport, mobility or logistics, energy and food security and production, health and well-being and spatial planning and geographical information systems.
For the MADE programme the general WUR admission requirements apply. Additionally the following specific requirements apply:
1) Level A Bachelor degree (or an equivalent award at ISCED level 5A) in a field of science relevant to the selected programme in the technical design and engineering sciences, or in the life or social sciences with additionally acquired technical competences and which degrees relate to metropolitan, urban or environmental issues. In any case the programmes specified in the MADE Education and Examination regulation .
2) Statement of Accomplishment or Verified Certificate of the MOOC: Sustainable Urban Development: Discover Advanced Metropolitan Solutions developed and launched by the Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Metropolitan Solutions in 2016 is considered as pre-requisite knowledge before starting the master MADE.
Candidates that apply for this programme can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject: “MADE + Sustainable Urban Development, Discover Advanced Metropolitan Solutions”, to obtain a code for a free certificate.
Bachelor degree falling short of requirements
A quality of the Bachelor degree falling short of the requirements mentioned can only result in admission at the discretion of the Admission Board, when there are sufficient compensating factors such as:
- Thesis result
- Scores for the courses that are of particular relevance to the MSc programme applied for
- Indisputable upward trend of course grades
- A declaration of the educational institute of the applicant on a deviating GPA policy
- Achievements in postgraduate education
- Multiple studies
- Scores for WU/TUD courses (by exchange students or students taking a minor)
- Reference letters
- Quality of the degree awarding institution