Preparation for internship or thesis abroad

If you organized an internship or thesis in one of the Erasmus+ countries, we may be able to provide you with an Erasmus+ grant.

The grant is available for BSc, MSc and PhD students, both for (compulsory & voluntary) internship/thesis during studies and after graduation.

How to find an internship or thesis abroad?

Unfortunately we cannot help you with arranging an internship or thesis. You could contact the following persons or organisations for more information about internships abroad:

  • You internship coordinator of your study field (check the website of the chair groups for contact information)
  • Your study advisor
  • AIESEC offers internships (and volunteering) abroad to students

Erasmus+ countries

The countries in the Erasmus+ program can be found here.

The grant amount for an internship/thesis abroad can be found here.

*What about Brexit?

As you know, Brexit might have effect on the Erasmus+ possibilities with the UK. Your grant might be influenced by the decisions involving Brexit. As a consequence there is a possibility that we are not able to provide you with a grant. 
Unfortunately, we cannot give you definitive answers yet, as the deal/ no-deal outcome is not known at this moment. For now, all we can do is refer you to the FAQ on the Erasmus website.

If we receive more information, of course we will keep you updated.

    Internship or thesis outside Europe

    If you are going outside the EU for your internship/thesis, the Study Abroad Office unfortunately does not provide scholarships.

    You can check the grant finder on for other possibilities.

    For Switzerland:

    For MIL, MID and MDR students travel funding may be available.

    (no rights may be derived from this information)

    Application Erasmus+ grant

    You can apply for the Erasmus+ grant for internship/thesis if you meet the requirements.

    Tips for students going abroad

    On this page you can find more tips concerning your safety and health while abroad, English language certificates financial matters (including the Erasmus+ grant, insurance, DUO, Nuffic & WilWeg) and HousingAnywhere.