Programme specific courses (30 ECTS)
The programme courses in the first year are:
- Consumer Studies for Sustainability: Perspectives and Ethics
- Sensory Perception and Consumer Preference
- Consumer, Technology and Innovation
- Advanced Consumer Studies
- Advanced Quantitative Approaches for Consumer Studies (consisting of Advanced Survey Research and Advanced Experimental Studies) and/or Advanced Qualitative Approaches for Consumer Studies
Academic Master Cluster (12 ECTS)
You also participate in the Academic Master Cluster, where teams of 5 to 7 students from different disciplines collaboratively work on a transdisciplinary-oriented academic consultancy project for an external commissioner.
Electives 18 (ECTS)
The space for electives can be used for deepening or broadening knowledge on the field of interest of each individual student.
Thesis (36 ECTS)
The thesis (individual research) consists of 24 weeks of research and reporting (36 credits). The research is conducted under supervision of a staff member of one of the chair groups related to this master programme.
Internship (24 ECTS)
The internship consists of 24 credits of project work in an institution outside of Wageningen University. The internship may either be undertaken in the Netherlands or abroad. The purpose of the internship is to provide students with a unique learning opportunity to apply acquired knowledge and skills in a professional setting. The experience gained from the internship also serves to help students focusing on their area of interest, as well as building confidence and maturity in their field.