You can find the necessary steps for the application and the application deadlines in the step-by-step guide How to apply for an online master's?
Students holding a BSc degree or equivalent in one of the following fields are eligible for the MSc programme Food Technology:
- Food Technology or related
- Food Science or related
- General agriculture/Agronomy with specialisation Food Technology
- Dairy Technology
- Post -Harvest Technology (when focused on food science)
- Chemical Engineering*
- Laboratory Sciences*
*Only admissible when enough food technology courses in the BSc programme
Students with other BSc degrees can be admitted based on the actual programme in their BSc and/or relevant work experience. An admission committee will judge every application on an individual basis. If you are not sure whether you are eligible, please contact the programme (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The programme does not offer a linkage or pre-master's option.
A Grade Point Average (GPA) for this BSc of at least 70% of the maximum grade.
For some countries/systems there are exceptions to this rule:
- Ethiopia/Eritrea: a gpa of 85 % is required, below 85% you are not eligible
- Turkey: 65% or higher is eligible
Besides these three criteria, enrolling in an online master's programme at Wageningen University & Research also requires the following:
- Good computer skills
- Access to broadband internet
- Commitment to engage in a virtual learning community