Program specific courses (30 ECTS)
- Course 1 Business Theories and Sustainability: Learn to use theories to analyze and evaluate sustainable business models on their commercial and societal potentials and pitfalls.
- Course 2 Strategic Marketing for Market Transformation: Study companies sustainable transition from a strategic marketing perspective.
- Course 3 Leading and Organizing Sustainability: Take an holistic view on how companies addresses common needs to respect the environment, economic and social issues through renewed leadership skills and the implementation of specific organization designs.
- Course 4 Conceptual Innovation Lab: Design new conceptual frameworks for business decision-making on the implementation of sustainable innovations.
- Course 5 Analytical Methods: Learn how to collect and use quantitative and qualitative data to answer questions on sustainable business and innovation transformation.
- Course 6 Critical reflections on business: Identify and develop your own competencies for sustainable leadership and lifelong learning competencies.
Academic Master Cluster (12 ECTS)
Academic Consultancy Training (9 ECTS) and Modular Skills Training (3 ECTS): In Academic Consultancy Training you will work with students from different master’s programmes on an assignment for an external client. In this way, you can apply the knowledge you gained during your studies and experience what it’s like to work as a consultant. Your group will be supported by an academic expert focusing on the contents of the project and a coach focusing on the group process and personal development of the team members.
In Modular Skills Training you select modules to work on specific skills that you would like to develop, like scientific writing, management skills or career orientation.
Electives (18 ECTS)
The space for electives can be used for deepening or broadening knowledge on the field of interest of each individual student.
Thesis (36 ECTS)
The thesis (individual research) consists of 24 weeks of research and writing. The research is conducted under supervision of a staff member of one of the chair groups related to this master programme.
Internship (24 ECTS)
The internship consists of 24 ECTS of project work in an institution outside of Wageningen University & Research. The internship may either be undertaken in the Netherlands or abroad. The purpose of the internship is to provide students with a unique learning opportunity to apply acquired knowledge and skills in a professional setting. The experience gained from the internship also serves to help students focusing on their area of interest, as well as building confidence and maturity in their field.