Travel permission and preparation
Students who are planning to travel abroad in the context of their studies (exchange, traineeship, thesis) need travel permission from WUR. More information:
Please check our newly updated Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
What are the options to go abroad?
Wageningen University offers students various options to study abroad for a semester or a whole year through an exchange programme. Study exchange is when you want to follow courses or do your thesis at a university abroad during your Bachelor or Master programme.
After you have been nominated for study exchange you may apply for an Erasmus+ grant. Go to:
- Organizing your exchange period for study (step by step)
- Erasmus+ grant for EU and non-EU countries
- NL Scholarship for study in non-EU countries
- Requirements for study exchange
- Partner universities
- Options for studying abroad
- Student experiences: wurgoesabroad
Contact: Study Abroad office
Internships & Thesis
Wageningen University offers grants to WU students who are going to to do an internship or thesis abroad during or after their studies, or during their PhD.
- Erasmus+ grant for internship and thesis to EU destinations including North Macedonia, Serbia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Turkey
- Erasmus+ grant for internship and thesis to other destinations: Australia, Canada, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States
- NL Scholarship for internship and thesis in other countries
- Unfortunately, your cookie settings do not allow videos to be displayed. - check your settings