The application deadline for the start in September 2019 is 1 July 2019.
You can find the necessary steps for the application in the step-by-step guide How to apply for an online master's?
Students holding a BSc degree or equivalent in one of the following fields are eligible for the MSc programme Food Technology:
- Food Technology or related
- Food Science or related
- General agriculture/Agronomy with specialisation Food Technology
- Dairy Technology
- Post -Harvest Technology (when focused on food science)
- Chemical Engineering*
- Laboratory Sciences*
*Only admissible when enough food technology courses in the BSc programme
Students with other BSc degrees can be admitted based on the actual programme in their BSc and/or relevant work experience. An admission committee will judge every application on an individual basis. If you are not sure whether you are eligible, please contact the programme (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The programme does not offer a linkage or pre-master's option.
A Grade Point Average (GPA) for this BSc of at least 70% of the maximum grade.
For some countries/systems there are exceptions to this rule:
- Ethiopia/Eritrea: a gpa of 85 % is required, below 85% you are not eligible
- Turkey: 65% or higher is eligible
As the whole programme is taught in English, an English proficiency test is required, except when you are a native speaker. The minimum requirements are:
- IELTS overall grade 6.0 (with a minimum sub-score of 6.0 for speaking)
- TOEFL internet-based 80 (with a minimum sub-score of 20 for speaking)
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE): pass at grade C or above
- Cambridge First Certificate (FCE): pass at grade B or above.
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) pass at grade C or above.
Applicants who have completed their BSc (or equivalent) degree studies in programmes where the language of instruction is English may be exempted from an English test (we do need proof from your programme though!).
IELTS and TOEFL tests should have been taken no longer than two years prior to the application. Applicants taking a TOEFL test should note that Wageningen University & Research has been assigned a TOEFL code (0542) and that the results are sent directly to us.
More information about English proficiency:
Besides these three criteria, enrolling in an online master's programme at Wageningen University & Research also requires the following:
- Good computer skills
- Access to broadband internet
- Commitment to engage in a virtual learning community