- A Grade Point Average (GPA) for the B.Sc. or B.A. study of at least 70% of the maximum scale. International students can check if they meet this requirement indicated in the International Credentials on the Admission Requirements page.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
To be accepted into this programme, you must have a bachelor's degree (B.Sc. or B.A.) in the social sciences, or in economics.
Are you a Wageningen University student?
If you have a three-year academic bachelor degree in one of the following studies, you are unconditionally admitted:
- Bachelor Economics and Governance
- Bachelor Health and Society
- Bacher International Development Studies
- Bachelor Communication Sciences
- Bachelor Tourism
You do not have to apply for admission. Please contact the study advisor of International Development Studies to discuss your programme and which courses you are required to follow.
Have you done some other bachelor programme at Wageningen University?
If you have done a large number of relevant social-sciences or economics courses as electives (optionals), you may also be eligible for admission. Contact the study advisor to discuss the possibiliy of admission.
Are you a student from another university?
Do you have a relevant degree (B.A. or B.Sc.) in the social sciences or economics from a university in the Netherlands or abroad? The duration of your study should be at least three years. You may be eligible for admission if you have done one of the following studies and meet all the admisison requirements, subject to the approval of the Admissions Board for Social Sciences.
- Social Sciences
- Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology
- Cultural Anthropology and Development Studies
- Business Economics
- European Studies
- International Relations and International Organizations
- International Economics (and Finance)
- Environmental Social Studies
- Political Science
- Human Geography
- Other relevant studies not mentioned here
If you have a relevant HBO degree in the Netherlands which is related to the social sciences or to economics, and you meet all the admission requirements, you may be eligible. You can apply for admission indicating which relevant courses you have done.
Do you have a technical background?
Students with a technical, life science or management background with an interest in international development and beta/ gamma integration should go to the programme MSc Development and Rural Innovation.
Please submit your application as soon as possible and certainly within the deadlines set by the Student Service Centre.
Tuition fees can vary, depending on for example your nationality and degree.
The MSc International Development Studies is a two year programme, registered with DUO as a one year programme.
Inform yourself on your entitlement to a supplementary grant, study loan and a travel product through the DUO website.
Or contact the Student Dean: firstname.lastname@example.org/ tel.: 0317-483618
Dutch students with a supplementary grant from DUO may be eligible for a one year's grant from Wageningen University in addition to a one year supplementary grant from DUO. Read more about the '5th year' of study finance (in Dutch).